What is your role at the YWC?
Occupational therapists help people do the things they find meaningful in life and overcome barriers that are getting in the way! Some examples of what this can look like include:
- Exploring your values
- Learning skills for daily living (e.g. cooking, cleaning, managing your money, doing laundry, grocery shopping, problem-solving)
- Practicing self-care (e.g. hygiene, exercise, sleep, nutrition)
- Getting organized
- Going to school or staying in school
- Finding or keeping a job
- Making healthy social connections with others
- Applying skills from various specialized therapies to enhance your daily functioning
Together, we can explore the things you want to do and figure out how to make it possible!
Best advice you’ve ever received
Trust your gut, be true to yourself & embrace your imperfections!
Describe yourself at 16 years of age – in 3 words
Mischievous. Determined. Playful.